Tuesday, August 1, 2017

In Good Intentions, Money!

Hello Friends!

Let's take a moment in reading the words that came in the lyrics of one of the most famous songs ever about money. Of course you know it: it's "Money Money" for ABBA 1976.

I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay
Ain't it sad
And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me
That's too bad
In my dreams I have a plan
If I got me a wealthy man
I wouldn't have to work at all, I'd fool around and have a ball...

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha-ahaaa
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich [man's] world

A man like that is hard to find but I can't get [him off my mind]
Ain't it sad
And if [he happens to be free I bet he wouldn't fancy me]
That's too bad
So I must leave, I'll have to go
To Las Vegas or Monaco
And win a fortune in a game, my life will never be the same...

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha-ahaaa
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world

It's a rich man's world

I love this song, and I could say that it is the best song that was written about money, but  I haven't heard any other song that was dedicated to money like this one. May be there is but I'm not aware of, it's a possibility.



The writer considered that the wealth should be attached to a man, and that a woman should look for a wealthy man, if she was in need for money. One way to spread the idea that women could not be rich without a man to their side. Of course this is not always the case! 😵

We can argue that in many other cases, there could be a poor man who wants to marry a wealthy woman, so he wouldn't worry about earning money and its problems.

Of course we totally understand that it is an entertainment, and the good intentions were there, we have no doubts, we're just making a remark. Even on our dollar bills, there's no picture of a female, they're all males. This is also in good intentions! 💓

1 comment:

  1. i like it a lot. simple but very deep.
    Mostafa

    ReplyDelete